Having a pipe burst is an emergency that needs to be handled immediately! You need an expert to come in and stop the water from wrecking even more havoc to your home or business. It takes an accomplished technician to get the problem back under control and it is the skilled technicians at U.S. Flood Team that will be at your home or business within 60 minutes of your call, asses the problem, and start the repairs right away.
The Reason Why Pipes Burst
The main reason that pipes burst is when they freeze due to the cold temperatures. Uninsulated or under insulated pipes are at a high risk of freezing when the temperatures drop, and if the pipes freeze, then the water that is inside of them will also freeze. Pipes can then break or split, and then you have a large water damage problem on your hands.
The longer that you put off the repair, the more damage the water will do. Even once the main water supply has been shut off, and the flow of water stopped, any standing water will soak up into the walls, flooring, carpets, furniture, and valuables. On top of this causing damage to them, it now greatly increases the chance of mold growing due to the excessive moisture.
Steps to Take to Prevent Burst/Frozen Pipes
- It’s easier than you may think to prevent pipes from bursting.
- Wrap vulnerable pipes with foam pipe insulation. This will prevent water in the pipes from freezing.
- Have your system inspected every couple of years by a professional plumber to ensure there are no issues.
By taking these preventative measures now and practicing proper maintenance, then you shouldn’t have to deal with the headache of a burst pipe in the future.
Why Choose U.S. Flood Team
- A+ BBB rating
- IICRC Certified
- Talk to a live person day or night
- Family owned and operated
- We bill directly to insurance
- Immediate Emergency Response
- Free estimates
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Green Certified